Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Costa Rica Airport VIP Rip-Off

I ended up at the airport in Costa Rica early yesterday, because they had been working on a bridge on the way from the capital of Costa Rica, San Jose, where I stayed at the Hotel Del Rey. This is a trip that normaly takes 30 minutes at the most, but because of th e bridge work it could take 2 hours to get to the airport.
Not wanting to miss my plane I gave myself plenty of time to get to the airport. So I ended up early, 3 hours and I decided to go to the VIP Lounge and kick back. So go to it and it is $30.00 to get in this includes a California Roll and some finger food and something to drink but no booze you would have to pay for that. I paid I went in. Here is how it is. The finger food: Old Cookies and Toast. Fruit juice with no ice. California Roll no one who did not want to get sick would eat one. I saw people order sandwiches and they would not eat them. I wanted some water that cost me $2.00 for a 50 cent bottle. The air conditioning was warmer than in the airport.I left without eating anything and spent $8.00 at the Burger King a much better deal.
Avoid the VIP Lounge at the Costa Rica international airport at all costs. This is tipical Costa Rican business. They beleave in the one hit system. Hurt them so much that they will never come back. Oh by the way Hotel Del Rey has wonderfull Food and the women their are the most beautiful in Central America. Right now if you go on the Republic of Panama website you can get a great deal on a room there.
Just tell them Panama Jack sent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment