Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Panama Fish Market



Posted by editor Boquete

It was about noon when I arrived the the Seafood Market. The plaque on the wall said it was built with money from Japan in 2005. It looks and feels more than three years old. I am not sure why there never seems to be a budget to maintain capital projects. Large investments fall into disrepair all too quickly.



The lower floor of this market is laden with fish and other seafood.



The upper floor is a restaurant that provides the opportunity to carry some fresh seafood home, internally.



I arrived at 12:30 and seating was filled. After I looked at a menu I understood why.

Click on this for a menu big enough to read.

Fresh seafood, prepared fast and for very low prices.



My lunch was one of my favorites

Pescado Frito, a whole fried fish for $3.75. It was light, flaky and although I have no idea what type of fish it was I enjoyed it completely.

Filed Under: Contrasts, Natural Foods, Restaurants - Panama City
Tags: Lodging - Panama City, mercado de marisco, seafood panama city

1 comment:

  1. Good info. Passed by on last trip but did not have time to stop in.

    ReplyDelete